Chicago Cubs Minor League Baseball

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Nice to meet you!

Hello everyone, welcome to Cubs Prospects, your new home for all the latest information on Cubs Prospects. So, here are a few things you might be wondering:

Who?
My name is JP, and no, I do not live in Chicago. I live in North Carolina, but do not miss a Cubs game, thanks to MLB Extra Innings. By no means am I an established writer, although you can read my work on my fantasy college basketball website, SCACCHoops.com. That website I developed from scratch, and yes I am a programmer. I have two wonderful children, Shawn and Summer, and a beautiful wife that supports me and my obsession over the Cubs and ACC basketball.

I have coached high school and AAU baseball, most prominently as the pitching coach for a U15 AAU team, the North Carolina Warhawks who finished 4th in the nation in 2000. I have coached and/or played with 8 to 10 minor league players. I currently have two of my former players, who will remain nameless for now, playing minor league ball.

Why?
Every morning I peruse Baseball America looking for the latest updates on my favorite Cubs Prospects, and after about 15 minutes of clicking numerous links I wish I had a central location to do this, so I thought I would provide such a service to those like me.

When?
Well, obviously when is right now, but I plan on highlighting key information dealing with the Cubs minor league systems on a daily basis. I'll try to incorporate links to my favorite minor league sites such as Baseball America and John Sickels' blog.

What?
Obviously, this will be about the Cubs Minor League system, but will also have content about the big league club since all Cubs fans wear their emotions on their sleave. I'm positive I'll give opinions on a number of other things as well, so be prepared for tangents on other subjects.

Enough questions, enjoy the site!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home