Chicago Cubs Minor League Baseball

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

An unpredictable day

Well, today started with a family emergency I won't get into, but my day has been spent in an emergency room and the next week I will be visiting the ICU quite often. Needless to say, as much as I love Cubs baseball, I haven't been able to post.

Last night here are a few highlights worth noting:
  • Felix Pie went 5-6 against Sacramento in the I-Cubs 7-3 win
  • Luis Montanez went 2-5 in his 2nd straight nice outing for the AAA ball club. Can he keep it up? If so, Montanez might be part of the Cubs future outfield if Pierre and Jones can be unloaded.
  • Ryu might have gotten a tuneup for the big club going 8 innings and giving up 3 hits and ERs
  • Jacob Fox went 2-5 with 3 RBIs and now is hitting .323 with 10 HRs and 40 RBIs in just 44 games
  • The Peoria Cubs pitched a shutout combined by 3 pitchers Yepez, Avery, and Campusano and won 1-0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home